Yes that is all it takes to make a delicious healthy snack for yourself. The hardest part of this recipe is making sure that you have very ripe bananas in the house. Writing this made me crave one so I had to take a break between these sentences to go get myself another cookie. Totally worth it!
Banana, Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 very ripe bananas
1 1/2 cup of oats
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mash the bananas well.
- Add in the oats and mix well.
- Add in two thirds of the chocolate chips and mix more.
- To bake, you have some options. Either grease or line a baking tray with parchment paper. Use a spoon to scoop small portions onto the tray and flatten them to create cookie shapes. The other choice is to grease and spread the mix into a baking pan and cut it into squares after baking. Cookies are more crispy than the squares.
- Stick the rest of the chocolate chips on top, spread evenly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes till the oatmeal is crisp to the touch (there will not be a lot of the gold brown baking effect here).
- Cool and refrigerate to save for later because of the ripe bananas. When you want to eat, just take out and microwave for a few seconds because I just think it tastes better that way.
Simple as that! I was so happy I made these yesterday. If it wasn’t for that, I would not have had a breakfast ready to go on the run to a meeting this morning. It really makes a world of a difference to prepare the night before for an easier, more successful tomorrow.
- Try more recipes!